As a result, writing assignments are time consuming and, at times, frustrating to grade. Of course, they also are vital to furthering student learning and an important part of the academic experience. In other words, they're not going away anytime soon.
Download Keys to Designing Effective Writing and Research Assignments »
This Faculty Focus special report was created to provide instructors with fresh perspectives and proven strategies for designing more effective writing assignments, including how to thwart "cut and paste" plagiarism.
Here are just some of the articles you will find in this report:
- Revising the Freshman Research Assignment
- Writing an Analytical Paper in Chunks
- Designing Assignments to Minimize Cyber-Cheating
- Chapter Essays as a Teaching Tool
- Writing (Even a Little Bit) Facilitates Learning
- How to Conduct a ‘Paper Slam’